Blue Cat's Remote Control is a plug-in and application which lets you control and monitor in real time several MIDI controllable plug-ins or devices from a single customizable user interface.
The user interface of your favorite plug-in is not satisfying? Your favorite hardware device is too complicated to control? Your project contains hundreds of plug-ins and you would like to control them all from a single user interface? You need undo/redo for all your modifications? You would like to instantly recall all settings of your favorite MIDI devices from your DAW projects? This product was designed for you!
With Blue Cat's Remote Control, you can choose any type of control (switches, faders, joysticks, knobs) or meter, assign a MIDI channel and CC number to each control, customize its response curve. You can as well choose a built-in skin that suits your needs for every instance of the plug-in, or create your own (see the Skins section): this is the best way to create your own user interface to control your entire Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) and external hardware the way you have chosen.
Since the Remote Control can also be controlled via MIDI, you can also use it to remap and transform MIDI messages, from one MIDI CC to another, with different response curves or MIDI channels.
Read our Remote Control Tutorials and see this plug-in in action!
- Virtual MIDI control surface and monitoring tool.
- Control or monitor in real time any MIDI-controllable plug-in or external MIDI device.
- 30 built-in skins with various typs of controls and meters (knobs, faders, switches, joysticks...).
- Customize the controls response curve with advanced settings.
- Create your own Digital Workstation controller thanks to the KUIML Language.
- Transform automation lanes into MIDI CC messages.
- Instant preset recall with MIDI CC messages.
- Easy controls assignements with MIDI learn.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available as a standalone application and in most plug-in formats for Mac and Windows.
- Full MIDI control and automation support, MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: processing shuts down when fed with silence (optimal CPU usage).
- Customizable user interface with transparency & zoom.
- Automation and MIDI output: record output parameters as automation curves or send MIDI CC messages to other plug-ins for powerful side chain effects.
- Smooth Bypass: noiseless plug-in activation / deactivation.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances.
- Any sample rate supported.
Typical applications: MIDI remote control, MIDI CC mapping, MIDI CC values monitoring, transform automation to MIDI and MIDI to automation, custom user interface.User's GuideOn The BlogTutorialsNewsletter
"Looking to wield greater power over your MIDI software and hardware? This suite of virtual control surfaces might be the answer. [...] Remote Control 2 gives you deep, unified control over MIDI Continuous Controller data.[...] Does it work? Indeed it does. [...] Remote Control 2 does what it says on the tin, and does it well, all for a reasonable price."
"Verdict: Remote Control is a bit of a niche product, but for those who do need to unify their MIDI-manipulating activities, it could be a real lifesaver." - 8/10 rating granted by Computer Music Magazine (CM), March 2008- - [read review on musicradar]
"The Remote Control plugins [are] fantastic for DAW workstation control.[...] The possibilities are really almost endless and this makes it another one of my favorite plugins of the [All Plugins Pack] bundle."-
To add your own comment about this product, please contact us.
- Limited number of instances of the plug-in per session.
- The application or the plug-in is regularly bypassed for a few milliseconds.
- An Intel or Apple Silicon processor.
- Mac OS 10.9 or newer.
- For the plug-in, any VST / Audio Unit / AAX compatible application (64-bit) .
- For the standalone application, a Core Audio compatible audio interface.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- For the plug-in, any VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
- For the standalone application, an ASIO, MME or WASAPI compatible audio interface (ASIO recommended).
For more information about supported platforms, see our Knowledge Base.