Blue Cat's Liny EQ is an 8 bands linear phase equalizer with very low latency and comprehensive visual feedback: thanks to its highly optimized linear phase kernel, it processes the signal without phase distortion, with an unusually short latency (less than 3 milliseconds).
Liny EQ's wide range of gain (+-40dB) and multiple filter shapes make it very flexible for a graphic EQ, letting you create unique EQ curves. The dual channels version offers independent settings for the left/right or mid/side channels, with flexible linking capabilities for an optimal workflow.
The highly customizable user interface includes a first class spectrum analyzer and spectrogram viewer. It lets you choose the best layout and display options to adapt the plug-in to your own workflow.
Thanks to its ability to update the EQ curve continuously using MIDI or automation and its additionnal "Mix" control, dynamic equalization tasks can be performed easily when used together with any of our control generation plug-ins.
- Linear phase graphic equalizer
- very short latency (less than 3 ms: 128 samples at 44,1 kHz), with minimal pre-ringing artefacts.
- customizable range (+/- 40 dB).
- Exact EQ curve display.
- Four EQ shapes.
- Automatic gain compensation.
- Real time spectrum analyzer display.
- High resolution color and greyscale spectrogram display.
- High resolution color peak meter.
- Single and dual channel versions.
- Left/right or mid/side processing for spectral stereo widening or narrowing.
- Advanced channels linking capabilities.
- Multiple display sizes.
- Highly customizable user interface: display what you need, the way you need.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available in most plug-in formats for Mac and Windows.
- Full MIDI control and automation support, MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: processing shuts down when fed with silence (optimal CPU usage).
- Customizable user interface with transparency & zoom.
- Smooth Bypass: noiseless plug-in activation / deactivation.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances.
- Any sample rate supported.
Typical applications: Low latency linear phase equalization, mastering, mixing, spectral correction, stereo widening or narrowing.User's GuideOn The BlogTutorialsNewsletter
To add your own comment about this product, please contact us.
- Limited number of instances of the plug-in per session.
- The plug-in is regularly bypassed for a few milliseconds.
- An Intel or Apple Silicon processor.
- Mac OS 10.9 or newer.
- Any VST / Audio Unit / AAX compatible application (64-bit) .
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Any VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
For more information about supported platforms, see our Knowledge Base.
New Features and Improvements:
Warning: because of a bug of the initial VST3 release, this new version may not work with existing sessions that used the VST3 format. See this blog post for more details and how to fix it.