Blue Cat's Axiom is a powerful and open multi effects processor and amp simulation software for guitar and bass. Based on the acclaimed Destructor plug-in for amp simulations, Axiom offers an infinite number of exceptional tones for your axe.
Typical applications: Unlimited Guitar & bass amp simulation with effects, VST, VST3 and Audio Unit hosting.
Axiom includes two amp simulations channels (with pre and post effects) that can be mixed together or used alternatively like a real amp. You can choose your amp models from hundreds of presets or launch the amp editor to build your own, with complete control over the tone. Additional input and master sections let you adjust the tone at the input and the output of Axiom, with 4 additional effect slots each and an integrated high precision tuner. A brickwall limiter also protects the output from overshoot.
Axiom includes 44 built-in effects that can be loaded in any of the 32 plug-in slots, including a built-in version of Late Replies for creative delays and reverbs, and a built-in version of Destructor to add your own distortion pedals, cabinets or additional amp simulations.
Blue Cat's Axiom is not limited to its built-in effects: these slots can also host third party Audio Unit, VST or VST3 plug-ins: you can use your favorite plug-ins anywhere in the signal chain and expand Axiom's capabilities.
And because playing alone is not so much fun, we have added a tools section with 3 additional slots to load virtual instruments: add a metronome, a drum machine, sequencer or your keyboardist's favorite synthesizer there to get it mixed with your guitar.
Credits: this plug-in includes several factory presets created by Hans Van Even.
- Powerful and unlimited multi-effects processor and amp modeling software for guitar and bass.
- Realistic and fully customizable amp simulation based on Blue Cat's Destructor.
- Flexible routing: 2 parallel amp simulation channels with effects + input and master sections.
- 44 high quality built-in effects: wah, delays, reverb, pitch bender, EQ, filters, distortion units, compressor, gate, chorus, flanger...
- Includes Blue Cat's Re-Guitar, Destructor and Late Replies as built-in effects.
- Built-in high precision tuner.
- Open and extensible: load any third party VST, VST3 or Audio Unit (AU) plug-in.
- Load and manipulate impulse responses (IR) in the amp simulator or the built-in EQ plug-in.
- Delivered with thousands of presets for all sections and built-in effects.
- Load third party virtual instruments to play along.
- Global stereo spread control.
- Lock sections to prevent changes when loading presets.
- No latency.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available as a standalone application and in most plug-in formats for Mac and Windows.
- Full MIDI control and automation support, MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: processing shuts down when fed with silence (optimal CPU usage).
- Customizable user interface with transparency & zoom.
- Smooth Bypass: noiseless plug-in activation / deactivation.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances.
- Any sample rate supported.
"This is not your average amp sim.[...] This is a really, really deep plug-in. [...] If you’re into guitar sound design and ambiance effects, I don’t think you’ll find a better plug-in anywhere. Period. Download the demo, and within 30 minutes, you’ll buy it. It’s like a sound design laboratory.[...] The bottom line is that Axiom is unique. There is no other amp sim like it." - - [Read full review].
"Overall I think this is a must have plugin for anyone. Guitarists and non-Guitarists alike. For guitarists/bassists that enjoy experimenting, there’s nothing comparable that’s targeted to you." - .
"I have never had this goosebump feeling as it just happens when playing with AXIOM [...] The virtual Superamp Axiom by Blue Cat Audio is definitely worth a buenasideas.de tip!" - .
To add your own comment about this product, please contact us.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- For the plug-in, any VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
- For the standalone application, an ASIO, MME or WASAPI compatible audio interface (ASIO recommended).
Mac OS X
- An Intel processor.
- Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- For the plug-in, any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / AAX compatible application.
- For the standalone application, a Core Audio compatible audio interface.
For more information about supported platforms, see our FAQ.
- 5 instances of the plug-in allowed per session.
- The effect is bypassed for half a second every minute.
New Features & Improvements: